Pictures of the Greek Tomb of the Diver, Paestrum, Italy
Photos & pictures of Pictures of the Greek Tomb of the Diver with a complete reconstruction of the inside of the tomb. Browse or download photos of Pictures of the Greek Tomb of the Diver as stock pictures or as photo art prints on line.
Pictures of the painted tomb frescoes of Poseidonia later renamed by the Romans as Paestum when they conquerored it in 275 BC. Paestum is renowned for its tomb frescoes most of which were painted the third century BC when Poseidonia was a Lucanian town. There is though one older example of true Greek fresco technique, the "Tomb of the Diver", which is the only example of Greek painting with figured scenes dating from the Orientalizing, Archaic, or Classical periods to survive in its entirety. Among the thousands of Greek tombs known from this time (roughly 700–400 BC), this is the only one to have been decorated with frescoes of human subjects. The rich cultural heritage can be seen in the frescoes form the tomb paintings of Paestum which have survived in remarkable condition. Pictures from Paestum National Archaeological Museum.
- Download pictures & Images of Greek Tomb of the Diver, Paestrum
- See More great travel pictures & Images at FunkyStock Photos Library
- See More great photos & Pictures of Ancient Europe at Funky Stock
- Great food photos at Funky Stock Photos
- See MuseoPics photos of art and sites of the ancient & medieval world at Funky Art Photos
- Art photos to buy as photo art prints at Funky Art Photos